jVal is a jQuery form field validation plugin that provides an appealing animated message flyout that doesn’t impede form layout/design while being user-friendly.
- Current development version is only 8KB and 5.8KB minified
- Check validity of field values within a certain container or block element based off simple INPUT tag attributes
- Easy configuration of validity checks per field as per attributes in the INPUT tag
- Check the validity of all fields within a certain container with a single function call
- Check the validity of a single field when the user clicks away firing the onBlur event
- Prevent the user to input specific characters into the field and notify them it’s not allowed
- There are known formatting issues when the container block with the form field is of a certain type, display:inline-block and TD elements work best with the current version
- jVal warning/error text is larger than default Safari input[type=text] fields – isn’t symmetrical in height and position with the field.
- resizing the window fouls the placement of the jVal warning/errors as well as the fields. This could be solved by clearing the warnings/errors with the window.onResize event.
Demo : http://www.overset.com/2008/07/31/jval–jquery-form-field-validation-plugin/
License : MIT License
business printing services