If you are looking for a quick way to get started building Flex applications for Android (even if you don’t have an Android device), check out this tutorial “Tutorial: Flex for Android in 90 Minutes“. This tutorial writen by Christophe Coenraets on his blog, coenraets.org. In this tutorial, you build a fully functioning Employee Directory application. The end result is the application available on the Android Market. (Just search “Employee Directory” in the Android Market).
Here is a quick outline:
- Part 1: Creating a Basic Mobile Application
- Part 2: Using Mobile Item Renderers
- Part 3: Navigating and Passing Information between Views
- Part 4: Creating an Action Bar
- Part 5: Integrating with the Device Capabilities (Dialer, SMS, Email)
- Part 6: Using a RemoteObject
The tutorial availbale for download as pdf file, you can also download the supporting materials which has been packed in zip package.