An essential tool for a website is the favicon. The most commonly used are the plugins or what they call the native functionality. Nowadays there are other alternatives for getting favicons and is from online services.
Here’s one source that you might want to check out. Favicon.cc offers some illustrating functionality that you can use in your website. It allows you to draw pixels in different colors and transparencies and has an importer which gives you a hand in importing materials you want to edit.
Below are the steps on how to use this:
- Select the color of your preference.
- Paint your logo by clicking on the squares.
- Download it when you’re done.
- Place the favicon.ico file in your directory on the webserver.
- You can also publish it via CC (Creative Commons) license.